Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] URI ComboBoxEntry

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:22:48 +0200
Julien PUYDT <jpuydt free fr> wrote:

> > Anyways, I'd put it into the statusbar:
> >
> > |          <main window>               |
> > +--------------------------------------+
> > |METER|Statustext blubb        |PADLOCK|
> > +--------------------------------------+
>
> Don't both the meter and the padlock say something about the state of
> the connection? And hence shouldn't they come together?

There the taste wins over the logic.

> > |          <main window>               |
> > +--------------------------------------+
> > |METER|Statustext blubb        |P|M|C|W|
> > +--------------------------------------+
> >
> > Disadvantage: the statusbar text area gets smaller and smaller.
>
> Indeed : looks bad. And messages and chatrequests don't have to do
> with a connection, do they?

The statusbar displays the status of the application, not necessarily
only the status of the current connection. The proportions are not
right, take it as:

|          <main window>               |
|X| User cleared the call      |P|M|C|W|

It's just an idea, and of course it shouldn't be overloaded, let's say
limited to 2-3 status icons, something like that. I've seen such a
similar thing in some other apps (FF?) to indicate some status in a
graphical way, or warnings, or whatever.

J.

--
dreaming in digital
living in realtime