Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] URI ComboBoxEntry

On 9/11/06, Jan Schampera <jan schampera web de> wrote:
> Don't both the meter and the padlock say something about the state of
> the connection? And hence shouldn't they come together?

There the taste wins over the logic.

Putting the padlock to the right also makes it posible to display no
padlock icon at all when the remote end does not support encryption.
Under the assumption that this is (currently at least) the case for
most peers this avoids cluttering the screen unecessarily (Or should
we display it anyway but open?).
Putting it to the left requires us to always display the icon,
otherwise the status text either jumps around when the icon changes or
is displayed with an invisible and strange offset.
Of course I have no idea how this works out with RTL scripts :-/.

--
Daniel