Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] URI ComboBoxEntry

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:09:09 +0200
Jan Schampera <jan schampera web de> wrote:

> > Wouldn't it be better to place that icon in the status bar than in
> > the location entry?
>
> That's why I asked for the purpose of the padlock-icon in another
> sub-thread. It also could be placed between "URL:" and the entry
> field, though the status-bar makes more sense.
>
> Also IMHO if it's IN the URL field, it should be an object derived
> from GtkComboBox where the GtkComboBoxEntry stuff is re-implemented.
> Or something around these lines, don't pin me on that (I guess
> deriving from GtkComboBoxEntry makes more sense).

Just for the record, imagine a favicon-system for users in the
addressbook - not that I like to do it, but it could be one use for
such a widget.

I just inspected GtkComboBoxEntry, it should be "no problem" to rewrite
it, given the code and idea Daniel provides. But for security display
it's the wrong one IMHO.

J.

--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.