Re: Easytag won't start from desktop icon

On 08/10/2015 09:37 AM, David King wrote:
Hi Steven

On 2015-08-03 02:55, Steven P. Ulrick <meow8282 gmail com> wrote:
I will look into all of this later.  But what strikes me as odd is that
I have been doing this this way for years, with Easytag and many other
applications, and it wasn't until VERY recently that this issue cropped
up.  Not only that, but Easytag is the only application that I am having
this issue with.

Sorry for the late reply. I am at GUADEC and travelling, so will only be sporadically replying to email for another week or so.

It would be much easier to debug the problem with some logs, as I am not aware of a problem with the desktop file (and without the ability to reproduce the problem, it is a bit difficult to fix it). As far as I can see, there have not been any changes to the code which handles application startup for some time, so it is unlikely that EasyTAG is at fault. I am happy to be proven wrong, of course!
Hello, David
The only way that I can successfully start Easytag is from a terminal. So, there is no error messages that I could possibly send you. So the questions are: 1. How to output debug information when you just click directly on an executable when trying to start said executable. 2. How to output debug information when clicking on the appropriate item on my desktop. Also, is there a way to run/execute a desktop file from a terminal?

If you are after build/install logs, you can find those here:
http://www.afolkey2.us/easytag-build-logs-20150810-1507

I really suspect that since I have installs of easytag going all the way back to May 11th that all exhibit this behavior that the issue is on my end, not with Easytag. But like I said in my original email on this subject, I am not having this issue with any other applications.

If you need any more information, or are able to tell me how to get you the information that you have already requested, I will gladly get that to you.

Steven P. Ulrick