Re: Easytag won't start from desktop icon

On 02/08/15 07:29 PM, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
On 08/02/2015 07:28 PM, Ernie D wrote:
Hello, Ernie
I compile and install Easytag from the Git repo. The version of Easytag that I am running is installed in the following location:
/usr/local/spu/assorted/e/easytag/easytag-20150727-1456

I have the following in my $PATH:
PATH=/usr/local/spu/assorted/e/easytag/easytag-20150727-1456/bin:$PATH

I have the following in my $XDG_DATA_DIRS:
XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/local/spu/assorted/e/easytag/easytag-20150727-1456/share:$XDG_DATA_DIRS

I do not have Easytag installed from the official Fedora repos. Only from Git.

I will now install Easytag from the Fedora Repos and see what happens...

As installed from the Fedora Repos, Easytag starts in all the ways that I said that it didn't in my original message on this subject...

A couple of points in closing:
1. Easytag is the only application that I build from source that I have seen so far that behaves this way when I try to open it any other way than from a terminal.
2. Easytag did NOT behave this way until recently.
3. I forgot to mention earlier that I did suspect that this may be an issue on my system. 4. Also, "easytag.desktop" as installed from the Git repo does contain the "%F" that you referred to.

But, since Easytag is the only application that I am having this problem with & I did not have this problem with Easytag in the past, I figure this list is the best place to star for help :)

If you need any more information, I will be glad to oblige.

Thank you,
Steven P. Ulrick
Steven,

Adding the build location to $PATH seems incorrect. I would think we would not want to pollute the $PATH variable.

EasyTag should install to a "default" location (/usr/bin or /usr/local/bin) which would then be picked up automatically. The *.desktop file is written with this in mind.

I suspect that giving a custom path to the build process is causing you issues.

Good Luck,
Scott