Easytag won't start from desktop icon

Hello, David
This one makes no sense to me, and the only information I can give you is to tell you what the problem is.

If I try to start Easytag from the icon that I have on my desktop, it will not start. I cannot start Easytag from Krunner or the "Kickoff Application Launcher" either. If I click on the Easytag executable directly, no joy either.

But if I run Easytag from a terminal, it works perfectly.

I am not having similar issues with any other applications at this point.

If you need more info, tell me what you need.

Thank  you,
Steven P. Ulrick