Re: Some Features

Hi Mathias

On 2013-07-08 11:06, Mathias Reineke <paperfeeder googlemail com> wrote:
Excuse me, I will not disturb you with thoughts on the UI, I just want
to get knowledge about the bugs. I doubt I could be of help with that,
since I do not have experience with the GTK Api

I did a little bit of work on your patch series, and created a branch which has no UI changes but still manages to use the total number of discs:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/easytag/log/?h=wip/disc-number

I removed a few changes from your branch:

* UI changes for adding a disc number / disc total row in the tag view
* auto-numbering of discs based on directory hierarchy
* setting to toggle whether total disc number tag field is written
* file index and file list total scanner masks

The UI changes will be fine once there is some more flexibility in the tag view UI layout. I am not sure of the auto-numbering of discs based on which directory the files are in, as at least for my collection this would not be useful (as all files for an album with multiple media are in one directory). I do not think that a setting to toggle whether the new tag field is written is that useful, as it should always be written if the information is available. I am not (yet) convinced of the usefulness of the new scanner masks.

Please have a look at the "changes-step-by-step" branch of the GitHub
fork. I separated the changes much more granular ... hopefully granular
enough .)

Thanks! I rebased your branch and adjusted the style a bit. It now fits with a more current coding style, which is mostly documented in the HACKING file in the EasyTAG repository. I added a commit which extracts the total number of discs from a single text field in the UI, using '/' as a separator, and recombines the two fields for display. It seems to work fine for the few cases where I tried it, but more testing would be appreciated.

I will likely merge the changes some time in the next week.

I omitted the translation changes and will later provide them to the
translations team.

Thank you. I look forward to a complete German translation. ;-)

https://l10n.gnome.org/module/easytag/

--
http://amigadave.com/