Re: DIA export to svg without my extended attributes

Am 08.01.2015 um 06:58 schrieb Doru Motas:
Of coarse, I tried both. Attached Cairo svg.
With PyDia there are _three_ SVG exporters available with Dia:
 1) Cairo SVG: optimized for best visual appearance
 2) (Standard) SVG: optimized for diagram exchange
 3) "Plain SVG" (diasvg.py): the most hackable SVG exporter with Dia

No results.

Given that your extended attributes have no specified meaning with SVG I wonder what results you were expecting. The following code snippet pasted into diasvg.py [1] method draw_object should dump the custom attributes to an SVG comment (after fixing the indentation):

                # dump custom attributes from shapes
ext_attrs_keys = filter (lambda k : string.find (k, "custom:") == 0, object.properties.keys())
                if len(ext_attrs_keys) :
                        self.f.write('<!-- Custom attributes:\n')
                        for k in ext_attrs_keys :
                                self.f.write ("\t%s=%s\n" % (k[7:], str(object.properties[k].value)))
                        self.f.write('-->\n')

Please note what I want solve:

  * to create a diagram using my custom shapes with extended attributes
    in Properties
  * to export the diagram in whatever format. Using this export file I
    need to able to reconstruct  the shapes and to exploit their
    attributes in my application.

If you are just interested in the text representation export-object.py [2] might help.

Previously I used svg export from Visio to do this, but I am ready to try
what you propose to me in order to solve my problem.

In DIA Q&A I found a question similar to mine but I didn't understood the
solution:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2009-February/msg00032.html

In https://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2009-February/msg00034.html
Steffen gave a brief example to access custom ("extended") properties from Python. The same thing is used above.

HTH,
        Hans

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/plug-ins/python/diasvg.py
[2] https://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/plug-ins/python/export-object.py