Re: More features

On 01/31/2014 09:44 AM, Slavko wrote:
Allowing to hide (enable/disable, not delete) whole shape lists is

I was thinking about this one as well, but did not come up with a
good UI idea. Maybe replace the current approach with some
autocompleting, read-only combobox of all the shape names?

IMO current list is good, only when the number of items grows, is there
a problem. I see the base of the problem in history. There was not a
custom shapes system (as i know) and users did copy/install them
manually. But now i install custom shapes package and i get a lot of
lists, which are not all useful for me. But there are not all useful
for me from the build-in too. Hmm, i don't know how to write this in
English, but now i have more items now than they can take place on my
screen (1920x1080) and i must to scroll it to see all items.

I like the current list too, but I rarely do other diagrams other than
networking of flowchart. I don't have many shapes. To me, an added
"recently-used" list where the last 100 shapes (not lists) are shown
sorted by last time starting by the most recent would be great.

Yes, they all are not a beginner problems. IMO the beginner problems
are not related to bad GUI or missing GUI parts. I see only one
missing part - very basic Quick start tutorial with some screenshots.
Now i think not for my students - i am able to describe them the
basic work with Dia. But for people which find the Dia by self and have
nobody to ask around.

The following link right in the front page would be very very useful:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dia+diagram

Also, not sure if dia --integrated is the default in the Windows
installer (I use Linux), but making it the default would be a great UX
improvement, just by itself.