Re: thanks for nothing

Hi,

Dňa Wed, 29 Jan 2014 09:58:35 -0800 Octavio Alvarez
<alvarezp alvarezp ods org> napísal:

With all due respect, I think you should be asking what may have gone
wrong or what you did wrong instead. I'm not saying that to blame it
on to you, but because that's more likely: many *many* others have
not only downloaded and installed Dia successfully but understood it
quite easily and have been using it for years. I'm one of them.

I am using the dia for years. Not daily usage, but i am using it. I
must to tell, that it is good tool (i will not use bad tool), but it
has a lot of own things. Understanding it is not easy and not
straightforward.

The dia is not very intuitive - but all is documented, then one must do
a lot of reading, even for basic usage. Yes, by the years i read a
lot of documentation, tutorials, ... I was success with own shapes,
etc. But...

I did small test with my students - i leave them to work with dia
without any description. Simple: here is tool, work with it. All from
them fails to create simple network diagram. After small and
simple description from me - all was success. Then it is good tool, but
can be terrible start to work with it.

regards

--
Slavko