Re: thanks for nothing

On 01/30/2014 05:48 AM, Slavko wrote:
Ahoj,

Dňa Wed, 29 Jan 2014 12:22:44 -0800 Octavio Alvarez
<alvarezp alvarezp ods org> napísal:

On 01/29/2014 11:11 AM, Slavko wrote:
I did small test with my students - i leave them to work with dia
without any description. Simple: here is tool, work with it. All
from them fails to create simple network diagram. After small and
simple description from me - all was success. Then it is good tool,
but can be terrible start to work with it.

Interesting. Have you found a specific "oooooh, now I get it" moment?

I am not sure, if i understand this properly. Can you be more verbose,
please?

Yes: from your description I understand that after your students failed
to understand Dia, and you gave them a description of the basics or the
program they succeeded.

I wonder if the explanation given to them was verbal or written. If
verbal, I imagined, maybe some students may have reacted at the exact
moment during your explanation when they finally understand what they
were doing wrong. Or maybe they have expressed it in some other way.

In any case, this could mean you may have some specific UI aspects that
confuse or that are counter-intuituve for Dia newbies.

This could be great feedback on usability for the project, either to
improve documentation or to improve the interface itself.