Re: thanks for nothing

On 01/29/2014 01:53 AM, Beatrice Nilsson wrote:
Hi,

I installed your program yesterday in hope of finally having found a
nice modeling program for free.
1. I didn't understand at all how I should use it.
2. When I uninstalled the program, it also uninstalled EVERY other
program I had installed on my HDD.

Thanks for nothing and every inconvinience you've caused me.

With all due respect, I think you should be asking what may have gone
wrong or what you did wrong instead. I'm not saying that to blame it on
to you, but because that's more likely: many *many* others have not only
downloaded and installed Dia successfully but understood it quite easily
and have been using it for years. I'm one of them.

Sure it's not perfect, but it is *far* from behaving the way you described.

Please note: I've seen attempts to commercially repackage Dia. I've also
seen altered downloads of other open-source projects available at
good-reputation download sites, altered downloads that includes ads or
harm your computer. There is no guarantee the code is the same in these
cases so people here usually don't support it, and even discourage their
use.

Final thought: you don't mention your operating system, or the version
of Dia, or the binary package you downloaded; you don't describe your
scenario, you don't describe the download source... You don't describe
how you attempted to use Dia either. You don't say if it behaved out of
what the documentation says, so, pretty much, if there is anything *at
all* anyone here could do to help prevent the same problems in the
future for you and other users, we will just never know.