Re: OT: The list posting issues

I am sorry that you disregarded what I wrote:

" One of the things that goes wrong is that our email addresses are harvested from contact lists and spambots distribute spam to those contact addresses using our valid addresses  - spoofing, it is called.  In that way the list receives spam and the moderators have to ban those senders.  Sometimes they are real members that have had their address used for spoofing. "

It would appear this has happened to your email address. As I understand it your email address has been harvested and used to send spam to the mailing list.

It seems the list manager has quite reasonably employed UCEProtect to keep that spam from being distributed.  As I noted, sometimes this is a problem for real list members.  There is really no way around this.   There is a real advantage to using UCEProtect or a similar system - we never get any spam.

If you investigate the UCEProtect website they explain how you can combat the harvesting and use of your email address.  No one can do this for you, you have to undertake the solution on your own.

Are you aware of a an anti-spam method that would work better than UCEProtect?

Mike

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon freemail ru> wrote:
Greetings, Michael Ross!

> How is it you are able to achieve the success of sending the post to which
> I am replying?

Resending it manually through different mail provider, when I get a bounce.

The rest of your post do not apply, as you apparently looking into wrong
direction.
Here's the bounce:

 dia-list gnome org
   SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<dia-list gnome org>:
   host mail.gnome.org [209.132.180.169]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [78.110.50.55] blocked using
dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net; IP 78.110.50.55 is UCEPROTECT-Level 1 listed. See http://www.uceprotect.net/rblcheck.php?ipr=78.110.50.55

--
WBR,
Andrey Repin (anrdaemon freemail ru) 24.02.2012, <01:33>

Sorry for my terrible english...

Put this question to yourself: should I use everyone else to attain happiness, or should I help others gain happiness?
Dalai Lama

Thomas A. Edison

Warren Buffet

Michael E. Ross