Re: Colour palettes with meaning (Was: Motivation for having a 'text color' that is invisible)

On 10/30/07, christian ridderstrom gmail com
<christian ridderstrom gmail com> wrote:

Generally speaking for colours, I would like to be able to specify a
colour, e.g. "red-1" and the let several objects be "red-1". Once I change
the definition of "red-1", I'd like the appearance of all object with this
colour to also change. This is in contrast to having to go to every object
and manually change the colour.

I think what you mean here are stylesheets for the diagram, and a way
to "tag" objects.

Stylesheets can be extremely useful ... for example, I use each
diagram in two contexts ... in a LaTeX report, and in the accompanying
presentation. Every time I reuse a diagram from the report in the
presentation, I have to open it up in Emacs and mass replace all
colours. I usually am careful enough to assign colours in such a
manner that there is a one-one correspondence between classes and
colours used for them, which is useful when replacing text in the Dia
XML file.

As far as I can see, all this is definitely Dia 2.0 stuff, though! :)

Sameer.
--
Research Scholar, Department of CSE, IIT Bombay
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~sameerds/