Re: Motivation for having a 'text color' that is invisible

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, Sameer Sahasrabuddhe wrote:

On 10/24/07, christian ridderstrom gmail com
<christian ridderstrom gmail com> wrote:

I should have been more clear. In this case I always want the text that
belongs to the shape 'Chronogram - time scale' to be invisible.

Note that the text belongs to this particular shape, and as far as I know,
I must place the entire shape on the same layer.

So the exact issue is that the text displayed by the time scale should be optional. A tick-box in the properties to toggle text should be very useful. One could even consider a tick-box to toggle the minor time step.

This would certainly solve the "issue" for this particular shape. However, I suspect there are other shapes where it might also be useful to be able to hide the text. So instead of fixing all the likely shapes, and possibly adding a lot of check tick-boxes, this might be a more general solution.

Does this make sense?
/Christian