Re: Motivation for having a 'text color' that is invisible

On 10/25/07, christian ridderstrom gmail com
<christian ridderstrom gmail com> wrote:

So the exact issue is that the text displayed by the time scale should
be optional. A tick-box in the properties to toggle text should be very
useful. One could even consider a tick-box to toggle the minor time
step.

This would certainly solve the "issue" for this particular shape. However,
I suspect there are other shapes where it might also be useful to be able
to hide the text. So instead of fixing all the likely shapes, and possibly
adding a lot of check tick-boxes, this might be a more general solution.

I would vote for correctness than ease of coding. If it takes some
effort to go look at every object, then so be it. What you really want
is that displaying some built-in text on some objects should be
optional, then that is what it should be. Making it invisible obscures
the intention. Who knows, when someone gets around to coding this,
they might notice an abstraction that helps in ways not currently
foreseen.

Sameer.
--
Research Scholar, Department of CSE, IIT Bombay
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~sameerds/