Re: Connecting line to line

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:03:43 +0100, Lars Clausen wrote
On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 21:52 +0000, Martin Gleadow wrote:
loli wrote:

From time to time a question about connecting lines appears at the
list
[...]
The upper part looks like just a line but again it is formed by two
lines
joined with an ellipse

That sounds like it will work, but doesn't seem a very elegant solution.
  In addition, when I zoomed in as close as I could then tried to
further minimise the ellipse Dia crashed on my repeatedly (0.94,
installed via apt on Ubuntu)

Can't reproduce that on 0.95-pre6 or 0.94.  Which GTK are you using?
Can you crash 0.95-pre* that way?

I see 2 options here:

1) allow the creation of arbitrary zero size connection points which can
be added to the diagram for this purpose

That's somewhat of a kludge, but easy to do.
(I don't understand "kludge"; it does not appear in my "The Merriam Webster
Pocket Dictionary).
But just in case you are planning to program these "zero size connection
points": I think they should be able to increase in size and have more than
just one regular connection point (as the ellipse has), in order to make it
easier to connect or disconnect a line without touching end points of other
lines.

2) Allow the end of a line to act as a connection point.

I did an attempt of that once, and it would require some extra plumbing
and UI to allow it to be disconnected again.

-Lars