Re: Connecting line to line

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 21:52 +0000, Martin Gleadow wrote:
loli wrote:

From time to time a question about connecting lines appears at the list
[...]
The upper part looks like just a line but again it is formed by two lines
joined with an ellipse

That sounds like it will work, but doesn't seem a very elegant solution.
  In addition, when I zoomed in as close as I could then tried to
further minimise the ellipse Dia crashed on my repeatedly (0.94,
installed via apt on Ubuntu)

Can't reproduce that on 0.95-pre6 or 0.94.  Which GTK are you using?
Can you crash 0.95-pre* that way?

I see 2 options here:

1) allow the creation of arbitrary zero size connection points which can
be added to the diagram for this purpose

That's somewhat of a kludge, but easy to do.

2) Allow the end of a line to act as a connection point.

I did an attempt of that once, and it would require some extra plumbing
and UI to allow it to be disconnected again.

-Lars