Re[2]: More MetaPost text positioning....

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Lars Clausen apparently wrote:
For an actual LaTeX rendering, we'd want to be able to
give some context, of course, but if we can get a bitmap
from the dvi output (which is possible), we can kinda
treat that as an image in Dia.  Trying to actually
understand and calculate what LaTeX does to our text would
IMHO just create more headaches than solutions.

Another possible source of inspiration might be found in the
way PyX interacts with LaTeX.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac