Re: Graph::ASCII::Dia

It seems to me that you have a pretty short memory...  I'd say Hans didn't
start the flaming.  Frankly, I don't care, I can't stand Perl or Python, but
I realize it is Open source, people do this stuff in their free time, and
given the choice between writing a binding for every language on the face of
the earth or fixing bugs and adding features, I'm glad they spend the time
where they do.  Frankly, that goes for documentation too.

I also realize that when you come to a project & want to hack on it, you
have to work with what is there.  If that means you have to be flexible on
languages, then so be it.  How many times have I learned some proprietary
built-in scripting language so I could solve some problem, never to use it
again....

Here is that first (and only) message Hans wrote in reply in case it will
jog your memory:

<quote>

Thats one of the things I find annoying about dia - WTF should I learn
python and rewrite cpan modules just to call a script from dia - lame
lame lame.

Very impressing and motivating words. Feel free to provide Perl bindings
to Dia or do what ever you see fit ;)

Stuff python, I write perl, I'm not going to faff about with somebody
elses choice of language.

Not to start a language war - but I never got the reason why people prefer
write-only programming languages.

Autodia is perl, and I'd write more dia related code if it wasn't a
python bigot.

And I would write less Dia related code if it would require Perl.
Who cares ?

Hans

</quote>

The way I read it, Hans' comments were slightly less incendiary than yours.
Certainly less so than your words that have followed.

How about you take a deep breath for a second.  If you're serious about
writing Perl bindings for Dia, I'm absolutely positive the Dia team will
bend over backwards to help you get it done.

           Rob