Re: Matrix IRC bridge considered harmful

On 2/12/20 4:15 PM, Britt Yazel wrote:

If I remember correctly our conversation last month, you said you didn't
want a web browser open as it provided tabs to distractions. At which
point I mentioned the electron Flatpak (which contains no such tabs),
but you weren't having it.

I share Nirbheek's viewpoint on this but also find the features that get
added from having a browser engine to be disorienting. (Animated gifs,
video, inline images, etc).

The ability to disable all that would allow me to contribute without
disorientation.

I'm looking for minimal distraction, immediacy when present, high
signal-to-noise ratio and the ability to walk away and come back later
without loss of information.

It doesn't have to be IRC.

I would be extremely happy if someone had time to make Polari but on
rocket.chat. The API at first glance doesn't look terrible, but someone
needs to have time to take on that battle.

I have enough battles already.

-- Christian