Re: GitLab update: Moving to the next step

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
Looking over #8, I think duplicate issues, canned replies, and dependencies between issues should all be considered blockers to issue tracker migration.

Carlos has pointed out that there is rudimentary (not very good) support for duplicates:

https://wiki.gnome.org/GitLab#Issues

I think it suffices for now... you just have to remember the magic words /duplicate #number. Lack of duplicates was my biggest concern. I trust this will be improved in the future.

Canned replies are WIP upstream. I can live without for a short while, as I trust they will be implemented sooner rather than later.

Emmanuele and Carlos both proposed various workarounds to lack of issue dependencies. One option is to use labels to track a group of related issues. The other option is to manually maintain a task list issue, which is a bit of manual effort, but not really a big deal.

No further objections from me.

Michael