Re: GitLab update: Moving to the next step

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 12:57 PM <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Michael Catanzaro
<mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
> Looking over #8, I think duplicate issues, canned replies, and
> dependencies between issues should all be considered blockers to
> issue tracker migration.

Carlos has pointed out that there is rudimentary (not very good)
support for duplicates:

https://wiki.gnome.org/GitLab#Issues

I think it suffices for now... you just have to remember the magic
words /duplicate #number. Lack of duplicates was my biggest concern. I
trust this will be improved in the future.

Canned replies are WIP upstream. I can live without for a short while,
as I trust they will be implemented sooner rather than later.

Emmanuele and Carlos both proposed various workarounds to lack of issue
dependencies. One option is to use labels to track a group of related
issues. The other option is to manually maintain a task list issue,
which is a bit of manual effort, but not really a big deal.

No further objections from me.

Has feedback for this particular feedback  been given to Gitlab?

sri

Michael