Re: Pull request template for github mirror

Hi;

On 29 February 2016 at 14:44, Frederic Crozat <fred crozat net> wrote:

As I work with raw patches usually (I just got use to it after all the
years) the github web UI is very confusing for me and I didn't find a
way to convert the pull request into the patch. I asked a co-worker
whom has a github account for a help and he also didn't find it, but he
knew a trick and told me about it - it didn't involve any click-able
way on the github pages to get to the patch, sadly. Maybe my workflow
is just too different from that supported by the github, or vice versa.

Once you have the url of the pull request, just add ".patch" to it and
you'll get a properly formatted patch.

For instance, on one of the pending pull request on e-d-s:
https://github.com/GNOME/evolution-data-server/pull/3

=> https://github.com/GNOME/evolution-data-server/pull/3.patch

All pull requests on GitHub live on their own branch in a separate ref:

https://help.github.com/articles/checking-out-pull-requests-locally/

  $ git pull github-mirror pull/${PR_ID}/head:pr-${PR_ID}
  $ git checkout pr-${PR_ID}

From then on, you can push/merge/pull/rebase as usual.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.