Re: Glade release to include GtkHeaderBar?

Allan Day wrote:
Much of these issues come down to infrastructure, in my opinion. It's
hard to get into writing docs, the website doesn't show what's new or
updated, and it is slow to get new material online. Fred's done a
fantastic job keeping library.gnome.org going, but we probably need
something else (or at least major improvements).

Since the hackfest in Norwich in January it's possible to get specific
modules online (almost) directly after the git commits.  It is
configured that way for gnome-user-docs and gnome-getting-started-docs
(for help.  gnome.org) and for gnome-devel-docs (developer.gnome.org).

A few months ago I posted some plans and questions to the
gnome-doc-devel-list gnome org mailing list, but probably I should
have asked people to subscribe there first :)  So here they are:

Support for multiple programming languages & multiple versions:

  On a structure level, there are at least two important questions: what
  kind of navigation do we want between programming languages (and
  perhaps on a more fundamental level, how do we expose them?), and
  between different versions of the libraries. At the time it was
  important to have various versions available online, for exemple GTK+
  2.6(?) was available because Nokia(?) used that version in their
  developments, but today we may want to expose a more unified "this is
  the current GNOME API" approach. (and that "bundle" approach would
  also benefit devhelp)

Covered libraries:

  This brings the question of the libraries we want on the developer
  website, it started as just our core libraries, but requests after
  requests, it got its share of other libraries.  (but if we decide to
  put them away, it's certainly also important to have a place for
  them).

        Fred