Re: Glade release to include GtkHeaderBar?

Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
I haven't looked over the platform-demos yet, and certainly at none of
the Python ones, besides to note that the screenshots look very
outdated. As a developer, this makes me question the relevance of the
material.

I'm not saying the material is bad, just that if the material is going
to live in gnome-devel-docs, then someone needs to be responsible for
reviewing and updating it at least once a year. Developers shouldn't
have to guess which material is still relevant and which isn't.

As a contributor to gnome-devel-docs, I largely agree with you.

Much of these issues come down to infrastructure, in my opinion. It's
hard to get into writing docs, the website doesn't show what's new or
updated, and it is slow to get new material online. Fred's done a
fantastic job keeping library.gnome.org going, but we probably need
something else (or at least major improvements).

None of this is new news of course - we've talked about it a lot in
the past, and some work has been done. The problem is that no one has
found the (probably significant) time to resolve the issues we're
facing.

Allan