Re: Concerning Keyboard Status Menu

On Friday, November 23, 2012 06:01 PM, Pierre-Yves Luyten wrote:
Maybe should first step be listing different "functional principles",
for example

* Input from sound (pinyin input methods)
* Input from shape (canjie)
* Input from shape (wubi)

There will be a significant list, but not infinite. Isn't if useful to
list the popular input method principles (before to work on actual input
methods) ?

I wrote the following when I started working on fixing the situation for Hong Kong:
    http://bochecha.fedorapeople.org/chinese_ims/

Needless to say, I would **love** to add the same information from people in other regions, with other languages, etc...

But even if these don't reach this specific document, it would still be very valuable to have similar things for other regions and languages.

Of course, people who actually know this need to be willing to explain it, but that takes much longer than rant on a mailing-list.

--
Mathieu