Re: Concerning Keyboard Status Menu

>> Input methods and keyboard layouts are similar. They should just
>> work. We are working hard to achieve that. We are not there yet. You
>> are welcome to help out by fixing the engines and proposing good
>> defaults.
>
> No, they aren't.
> You shouldn't make such claim before you can type a paragraph
> independently from
> http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnome

Hi,

Maybe should first step be listing different "functional principles",
for example

* Input from sound (pinyin input methods)
* Input from shape (canjie)
* Input from shape (wubi)

There will be a significant list, but not infinite. Isn't if useful to
list the popular input method principles (before to work on actual input
methods) ?

Regards
Pierre-Yves