Re: systemd as external dependency

Sorry for the double post.

When I wrote my last post, it was not clear to me that systemd is not
and won't be portable.  If this is true, then that's probably okay for
Oracle too, as long as GNOME can be made smart enough to just disable
those aspects of the desktop that require it when systemd is not
present.

I am sure that we at Oracle can figure out ways to bolt on the support
we need for our users using other interfaces.

When I write my emails, I try to be even minded and inviting as I think
befits a free software community.  But I sometimes wonder why I bother
considering some of the other posts I read.

Brian