Re: Firewall configuration [was Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center]
- From: Colin Walters <walters verbum org>
- To: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- Cc: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Firewall configuration [was Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center]
- Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 12:49:34 -0400
On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
> Windows 7's concept of zones (home vs.
> office vs. public network) is pretty much right on the money, even if
> the UI is a bit tedious.
My takeaway from the last discussions was that yes - a firewall can
serve an important privacy (and some security) role for a mobile user
connecting to both a "trusted" network and public wifi, but note it's
also perfectly feasible to implement this by e.g. just telling Avahi
and gnome-user-share to go on or off.
This should really go on the wiki.
] [Thread Prev