Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center [was Re: GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup]

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 02:15 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> Il giorno mar, 10/05/2011 alle 20.51 +0100, Bastien Nocera ha scritto:
> >> http://live.gnome.org/DejaDup/Screenshots/Future for screenshots.
> >> Déjà Dup 19.1, which includes those changes, is already in Fedora
> >> Rawhide and will be in Ubuntu Oneiric once we land the GNOME 3
> control
> >> center.
> >
> > That won't work for long. Once we've move the Bluetooth panel directly
> > in the control-center, we'll be removing the external API from the
> > control-center. It was only added for gnome-bluetooth, and will be
> > removed then as well.

Could someone please articulate the GNOME position for downstream
distributors of GNOME technologies?  It seems to me the previous
position was to use the extension points instead of doing vendor
patches.  Yet, without extension points it seems that vendor patches are
the only solution there.

	Thanks,
		Ted