Re: On the Interaction with the design team

2011/6/7 Frederic Crozat <fred crozat net>:
[SNIP]
> My point is that GNOME OS is clearly driven by design (team), at least
> for people like me who are trying to get a overview of what is going
> on there.. If it isn't designed driven (which seems to contradict our
> new moto "we design and select features first"), then it is even more
> problematic.

There is no design team as a whole, there are designers. Speaking for
myself I don't really know or care atm about gnome os, I do care about
functionalities offered by gnome tho.

>>> As somebody who has been active for years as a GNOME "packager", it is
>>> becoming impossible to monitor what design changes are coming and
>>> bring feedback based on my experience from interacting with users.
>>
>> You'll need to be more specific. You want to be able to participate in
>> design work? How did you do this monitoring and feedback previously?
>
> I want to be able to give feedback at any level (including design). In
> the past, monitoring mailing lists (including usability,
> desktop-devel) and planet gnome was enough.

You usually hang on our channel, your feedback is appreciated, reading
the scrollback is not very different then followind discussions on the
mailing lists, anyway we need to improve in this field.
Different != Impossible tho