Re: On the Interaction with the design team

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 11:37:17PM +0200, Johannes Schmid wrote:
> > The confusion was cleared up pretty quickly once we moved off
> > desktop-devel-list.
>
> May I ask why these things move off desktop-devel-list? Maybe I missed
> the mail that said that discussion is taking place elsewhere but I don't
> think there was one.

Because:
1) the answer was relevant to the question he asked a question on
another mailing list and I explained there
2) desktop-devel-list typically results in huge threads where the answer
is lost in a lot of other messages (IIRC I tried to explain the Core
requirements in one of the initial messages on d-d-l)
3) there will be 'official' feedback written in such a way nobody can
re-interpret things, but (correctly) expected at that time that it would
take a lot of time and didn't want to leave this lingering
--
Regards,
Olav