Re: On the Interaction with the design team

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 03:44:06PM +0200, Johannes Schmid wrote:
> * You need to give up your brand "Deja Dup" if you want to be part of GNOME
> * Deja-Dup isn't allowed to exist in parallel as a application

Those requirements are only due to the proposed switch from GNOME Apps
suite to GNOME Core, as per the maintainers proposal. The primary
difference between Core and Apps being than Apps is very open, Core is
more restricted.

To be explicit: Deja Dup is called Deja Dup in GNOME Apps suite.

The confusion was cleared up pretty quickly once we moved off
desktop-devel-list.

We've discussed the Core vs Apps since in release-team but we still
haven't finished all the features discussions, so although you can read
the minutes, we haven't done any announcements (on purpose as we want to
have someone write the announcements in a clear way -- minutes tend to
get misinterpreted).
--
Regards,
Olav