Re: Formal complaint concerning the use of the name "System Settings" by GNOME

Le 24/07/2011 12:55, Giovanni Campagna a écrit :
> Which is a KDE bug. You should use GNOME shortcuts when possible. I
> mean, Gtk has emacs and Mac OS modes for keybindings, I doubt Qt hasn't
> something similar.

> It is true that you can change KDE theme without changing the GTK one,
> but why would one want that? I want the look and feel of my system to be
> consistent, even when different apps or toolkits are used, and I want
> one place to configure the theme.
> (or none, if I'm using GNOME3 </rant>)

> KDE apps under GNOME should use gnome-keyring, not kwallet: that's what
> org.freedesktop.Secrets is for.

What about the other way around BTW? Do GNOME applications running on a
KDE workspace follow KDE keybindings, theme, palette, fonts and icon
theme? Do they use kwallet instead of gnome-keyring? If they don't I
guess there is also a use for running GNOME System Settings on a KDE
workspace.

Aurélien