Re: Moduleset Reorganization -- Take two
- From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: Piñeiro <apinheiro igalia com>
- Cc: devel-announce-list gnome org, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Moduleset Reorganization -- Take two
- Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:27:01 -0400
On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 6:21 AM, Piñeiro <apinheiro igalia com> wrote:
> Are people proposing to add "at-spi2 compliant screen reader with
> braille support" as a gnome-shell feature? What do you understand as
> "integration in the shell"?
What I meant with integration is that it should appear as part of the
core desktop experience, not as a separate application. The experience
should be: You go to the control-center, turn on screen reader
support, and then every part of the desktop is read to you.
Not: I start the application 'orca'.
Of course, this doesn't necessary mean that the implementation has to
live in the gnome-shell process.
Anyway, this is more of a medium-term perspective. For 3.0, orca will
certainly be there.
] [Thread Prev