Re: Moduleset Reorganization -- Take two

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 6:21 AM, Piñeiro <apinheiro igalia com> wrote:

> Are people proposing to add "at-spi2 compliant screen reader with
> braille support" as a gnome-shell feature? What do you understand as
> "integration in the shell"?

What I meant with integration is that it should appear as part of the
core desktop experience, not as a separate application. The experience
should be: You go to the control-center, turn on screen reader
support, and then every part of the desktop is read to you.
Not: I start the application 'orca'.

Of course, this doesn't necessary mean that the implementation has to
live in the gnome-shell process.

Anyway, this is more of a medium-term perspective. For 3.0, orca will
certainly be there.