Re: Moduleset Reorganization -- Take two
- From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Cc: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>, Desktop Devel <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Moduleset Reorganization -- Take two
- Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:21:47 -0400
On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 3:15 AM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> Then I think your proposal will be a complete disaster. I'm horrified
> that we must again justify the existence of a shared release schedule
> and of a release-team that keeps modules on that schedule.
> This is little more than killing the GNOME release process just because
> you have forgotten why we needed it in the first place.
A bit dramatic today, are we ?
See, what we have today is an ever-growing set of modules (>200 !),
that is almost impossible to get to build at any given time. And many
of these modules have very little to do with each other and very
little reason to be forced into the same schedule.
It is time to cut back and focus on the core desktop a bit more, and
let the wider set of apps run a little more freely.
If we didn't want to make any changes, we could just continue to do
GNOME 2.x until we all retire...
] [Thread Prev