Re: Moduleset Reorganization -- Take two

From: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>

>> I guess that in this proposal modules like at-spi2-atk or pyatspi2
>> will be obviously in the "Core Desktop", as they are fundamental to
>> the a11y support.
>
> Right.

Ok

>> But if we move forward toward the line we find Orca:
>>  * It is a "application" => should stay in "Applications"?
>>  * But it one of the basic accessibility modules => should stay in
>>    "Core Desktop"?
>
> I don't know a lot about accessibility, but to me, orca is (or at least,
> was so far -- maybe it will change with a11y integration in the shell?)

As this "a11y integration in the shell" is in the same paragrah that
orca, I guess that you are talking about Mathias Clasen comment.

So I will do the question again (as Mathias didn't answer my question).

Are people proposing to add "at-spi2 compliant screen reader with
braille support" as a gnome-shell feature? What do you understand as
"integration in the shell"?

> a core part of the desktop for accessibility. It's what most people use
> to really make the desktop accessible in the way they need.

>> And if we keep moving forward we find Accerciser:
>>  * It is a "application" => should stay in "Applications"?
>>  * But it one of the basic accessibility modules => should stay in
>>    "Core Desktop"?
>>  * Well, yes, basic module, but for developers => additional point to
>>    move it to "Applications"?
>
> Accerciser, on the other hand, is a tool that is not useful for most
> people. It's really a tool for developers (so there's no reason for it
> to be in the Core), so it'd go in Applications.

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

BR

===
API (apinheiro igalia com)