Re: Moduleset Reorganization -- Take two

From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>

> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 6:21 AM, Piñeiro <apinheiro igalia com> wrote:
>
>> Are people proposing to add "at-spi2 compliant screen reader with
>> braille support" as a gnome-shell feature? What do you understand as
>> "integration in the shell"?
>
> What I meant with integration is that it should appear as part of the
> core desktop experience, not as a separate application. The experience
> should be: You go to the control-center, turn on screen reader
> support, and then every part of the desktop is read to you.
> Not: I start the application 'orca'.
>
> Of course, this doesn't necessary mean that the implementation has to
> live in the gnome-shell process.

Thanks for the clarification. When Joanmarie and I read it, we thought
that you were proposing to move the implementation (due the magnifier
example).

This proposal has sense, in fact this "screen reader on/off" is
already in the accessibility settings (mockup) recently added (anyway
it still be required to use orca to configure things).

> Anyway, this is more of a medium-term perspective. For 3.0, orca will
> certainly be there.

Of course.

Again, thanks for the clarification.

BR