Re: Appearance properties

Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 19:03 +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:
>

>>> It was posted to d-d-l, and Andreas blogged about it on Planet. I'm not
>>> sure what else we can do.
>>>
>> Andreas blogged about it after the changes, on July 24, as "GNOME Art
>> team" (which sound strange, I would expect this kind of change to be
>> discussed and announced by usability team)).
>>

> you, and others on this thread, make it look like everything was decided
> in a vacuum. I can't discern how much of this is intentional (and thus
> made by people actively trying to poison GNOME as a community), but it's
> there and it's mightily *pissing me off*.
>
> both the change of the default schema value and the removal of the
> Interface tab in the Appearance control center applet weren't decisions
> made in a vacuum.

Still its seems to have caught a lot of people by surprise. All the
people here that are not so much in favour of this change, seems to only
have heard of it *after* the decission has been made. Its totally
obvious that people in charge don't want to change it back. We should
learn form this incident and make this more public. Write a proposal to
DDL and not just inform about a decission. Thats all.

Stefan