Appearance properties

Hi,

In GNOME 2.28 some default settings changed for the desktop:
1) In toolbar, text is next to icon instead of below.
2) Icons got removed from menus.
3) Icons got removed from action buttons in dialogs.

1 and 2 were still configurable from gnome-appearance-properties, 3 was
not possible to change (Bug #595341).

And now the whole interface tab was dropped. Making 1, 2 and 3 not
configurable anymore (Bug #592756).

Am I the only one to think something really insane is happening? It
seems all those decisions are taken by a few developers that like
that... This impact the whole desktop and is very visible to all users,
so I think the discussion should be wider. That's why I'm posting here.

So if you agree/disagree with those changes, please tell your opinion! I
would like to know if I'm the only one to be worried.

Regards,
Xavier Claessens.