Re: GNOME and non-linux platforms (release team please stand up)
- From: Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>
- To: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus freebsd org>
- Cc: David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron sun com>
- Subject: Re: GNOME and non-linux platforms (release team please stand up)
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:03:40 +0100
2009/7/28 Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus freebsd org>:
> We need DK first. Unfortunately, DK doesn't seem to look very portable.
> Unlike hal which had directories for platforms backends, everything
> seems to just be monolithic and udev-based. I think it would be a bit
> easier to get a FreeBSD port going if things looked and felt more modular.
No, DeviceKit-power doesn't depend on DeviceKit anymore. In fact,
DeviceKit isn't required when you have a new enough udev.
] [Thread Prev