Re: GNOME and non-linux platforms (release team please stand up)
- From: Jedy Wang <Jedy Wang Sun COM>
- To: Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>
- Cc: Lin Guo <Lin Guo Sun COM>, David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- Subject: Re: GNOME and non-linux platforms (release team please stand up)
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 18:17:39 +0800
This is really a good news. I juts tested the build on Solaris and
succeeded after commenting out all code related to Policykit (because
Solaris does not ship Policykit currently). I also CCed the engineer who
is responsible for the porting of Devicekit-power to Solaris.
On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 08:51 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> 2009/7/24 David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>:
> > On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 04:58 -0500, Brian Cameron wrote:
> >> Sun is already working to add DeviceKit support to Solaris
> > It would be good to the devkit-devel mailing list know about this.
> > Because if this is so, we need to change some of our plans; in
> > particular move the "make porting easier" up the priority list.
> In DeviceKit-power there is a not-just-gudev branch that separates the
> linux specific code from the generic daemon code. I doesn't yet
> compile (autotools help!), and is only lightly tested, but I'll
> probably merge to master after a few weeks testing.
> It would be great if FreeBSD/Solaris developers could start hacking on
> this branch early, and tell me how hard porting would be. Thanks.
> desktop-devel-list mailing list
> desktop-devel-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev