Re: Planning for GNOME 3.0

2009/4/19 Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>:
> On Sun, 2009-04-19 at 14:34 +0200, Sebastian Pölsterl wrote:
>
>> I think it would be a big mistake to omit applets in the new gnome desktop
>> evolution.
>
> why?

<cut>

Emmanuele, do you[1] or do not have a plan for "pluggable
applications" (formerly know as applets) for GNOME 3.0?

I think that applets developers are legitimate to be worried about
their own efforts, the only reference in gnome-shell stuff is "Design
an applet/add-on system" in Open Design Question. And 1 year could be
a short time for porting.

Fortunately Ubuntu is yet experimenting on alternate, ephimeral notifications ;)

[1]  "you" could be you Emmanuele, or gnome-shell developers