Re: GDM version used for GNOME 2.24?
- From: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- To: Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM>
- Cc: Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas broadpark no>, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, release-team gnome org
- Subject: Re: GDM version used for GNOME 2.24?
- Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 10:47:27 -0700
I'm not sure this is a really important regression. You can configure
the new GDM to always launch various AT programs as needed. The main
lost feature is that users cannot launch AT programs on demand.
I'm curious who the "you" is "you can configure." The important thing
here is independence. People with disabilities need to be able to do as
much as possible without the need for assistance.
Since GDM has never had a11y turned on by default, a person with
disabilities would likely need help to set up either the old or new
GDM to work for them. Or, if a person could boot up into console
mode with a11y enabled, then the person could probably set up the
configuration themselves. The long-term goal is to make GDM and
GNOME in general work better for independent usage, but we're not
] [Thread Prev