Re: Quotation marks: Using =?UTF-8?B?4oCc4oCd?= instead of ""
- From: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- To: "Patryk Zawadzki" <patrys pld-linux org>
- Cc: Wouter menubar gnome org, Iain * <iaingnome gmail com>, Dan Winship <danw gnome org>, Bolsterlee <uws+gnome xs4all nl>, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Quotation marks: Using “” instead of ""
- Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:40:20 +0100
> > (you could extract the translations from the converted file to
> > save having to mend all the translations but that might actually be long
> > term worse)
> This would result in a thousand .c.in files or a large header .h.in
> file with all the strings ;)
Not really. You just generate a temporary file in the CC=fix-and-gcc
script or use a pipeline - conveniently enough the line numbers don't
change so you don't need to keep the temporary file around.
Anyway - disk is cheap 8)
] [Thread Prev