Re: Proposed module: conduit

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 23:49 +1200, John Stowers wrote:
> > So with what sites can I easily sync my data (from what desktop
> > applications)?
>
> The following is a partial list of non-pim sync functionality

I just tried Conduit (version 0.3.6 in Ubuntu Hardy) and I don't think
it's at all easy. I failed to figure out how to upload (or sync) photos
from a local folder to flickr. I did manage to drag rectangles for
flickr and a folder to the canvas.

It seems roughly comparable to using the gstreamer pipeline editor
instead of using Totem. We can't possibly present this as an application
for users. Major -1 from me.

I don't like assistants (wizards) but I guess that this would be better
with an additional assistant, guiding people through the choices
somehow. For instance:

Page 1:
Synchronize to web or to device:

[] Website