Re: Proposed module: conduit

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 23:49 +1200, John Stowers wrote:
<snip>
> I don't want GNOME to wait forever (again..) for the perfect sync
> solution, because in my experience perfect is equivalent to supporting
> >= some arbitrary moving threshold combination of devices and
> webservices.

I like the architecture, and the functionality, but the UI isn't ready
for general consumption yet. I'd be happy to tell people to start
integrating Conduit in their applications for the next cycle though,
when it makes sense.

And not being in the "blessed" GNOME release doesn't mean think we don't
think it's an important problem, or that Conduit is bad per se. I'd
rather we bide our time, and get something great to present to users
(even if incomplete) in our release notes.