Re: Timelapsed backgrounds

Desktop backgrounds are boring. Even though it's damn easy to change
the background few people I know do it regularly. (Mine usually only
change when some jerk comes by and decides my new background should be
goatse :-) ) Having the background change subtly over time sounds like
a very nice feature to me.

Here is a slightly extreme idea. How about a dbus interface for
changing the background? I guess all it should take is a path to an
image and fade the background to it.

I actually thought about this the other day as I wanted to have my IM
application change the background to the person I'm talking to. I like
pictures of family and friends as my background but I just never get
around to changing it. There is also an application to fetch
interesting flickr pictures and put them as background as well. Having
an easy interface to change it might spark even more innovative ideas
too.