Re: Timelapsed backgrounds

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 08:44 +0200, Soeren Sandmann wrote:

> A long time ago I wrote code to do timelapsed backgrounds. I missed
> the freeze for 2.20, so now I am submitting it for 2.22.
>
> The idea is that the background gradually fades between a number of
> images over the course of a day. One example would be a set of images
> taken at the same location at different times of the day.
>
> >From an artist's point of view, the timelapsed background is an XML
> file containing filenames of the images to fade between and
> indications of how long to show each image.

This kind of thing becomes much easier when the background isn't in
control of Nautilus; a while back we commissioned some patches to make
the desktop window transparent under a composited window manager and
thus leave the background up to other things.

Would there be interest in picking these patches up upstream as default?

http://people.freedesktop.org/~racarr/nautilus.debdiff
http://people.freedesktop.org/~racarr/libeel.debdiff

Scott
--